New Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) – Space Gray (Latest Model) – $1,399.00
- Product Dimensions: 13.41 x 9.76 x 2.41 inches; 6.21 Pounds
- Item Weight: 6.2 pounds
- Manufacturer: Apple Computer
- Item model number: MYD92LL/A
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Date First Available: November 10, 2020
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Active cooling system sustains incredible performance
- 13.3-inch Retina display with 500 nits of brightness for vibrant colors and incredible image detail
- FaceTime HD camera with advanced image signal processor for clearer, sharper video calls
I primarily use my MacBook Pro for music production and performance. As such, Logic Pro and myriad amp models/plugins are constantly in use on my machine. The M1 chip blows the Intel chips out of the water in terms of loading speed, battery life, and ability to handle large Logic projects with dozens of tracks, plugins, software instruments, and live recordings.Battery life has also seen a significant improvement over my 2020 Intel machine. I am not quite getting double the battery life, but it's not far off. This isn't a huge deal for me, as my machine is typically stationary and a charging cable is readily available, but for someone who needs the portability, the difference is substantial.
I bought my Mac from Apple directly not from Amazon. This thing is amazing. Battery life is awesome. Hard to believe that I can work with it all day and do not have to charge at all even with bright screen.No issues with speed at all. I use Matlab a lot and this computer is even slightly faster than my desktop with 12 core AMD CPU and 32 GB ram.Excellent machine. Happy I bought it.
It's a Mac once you go Mac you never go back. This is my second Mac my first lasted almost 9 years.