New Apple Mac Mini with Apple M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 256GB SSD Storage) – Latest Model – $669.99
- Product Dimensions: 8.26 x 8.2 x 8.2 inches; 4.25 Pounds
- Item Weight: 4.24 pounds
- Manufacturer: Apple Computer
- Item model number: MGNR3LL/A
- Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
- Date First Available: November 10, 2020
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- 8-core CPU packs up to 3x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever*
- 8-core GPU with up to 6x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games*
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
- 8GB of unified memory so everything you do is fast and fluid
- Superfast SSD storage launches apps and opens files in an instant
- Advanced cooling system sustains breakthrough performance
- Next-generation Wi-Fi 6 for faster connectivity
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports, one HDMI 2. port, two USB-A ports, and Gigabit Ethernet
- macOS Big Sur with a bold new design and major app updates for Safari, Messages, and Maps
This is a really fine way to get into the Apple Silicon world Apple is introducing. It is a modest machine but that is what the mini is all about. This is a new machine and OS so I am feeling charitable. I don't mind the two USB-3 ports, I deal with the limited storage by having an external 6Tb disk. The price drop is a really good sign as minis were getting pricey. I think it is a really good value for the money.
This the 3rd Mac Mini we have purchased in the last 13 years to be used as a Desktop computer by the family ( have a Macbook pro 2018 for a lap top )- this replaced the late 2014 Mac Mini which was purchased in June of 2015 was beginning to give us trouble with constant beach ball and slowing down could not properly load the Big Sur so we traded it in for the new Mac Mini M1 2020.it is a great value after getting a trade in price for the old MacMini plus the $ 100.00 drop in price by Apple . This machine is incredibly fast that is a plus point what it lacks in is I/O this unit only has 2 USB-C /Thunderbolt 4 and two USB A inputs . so took away the 5th star on account of that . this unit is still worth it !
Arrived and problems started after several hours trying to make it work. The Bluetooth will not connect properly, , had to use wired keyboard and mouse to make it work, then forced to use a hard wire internet cable because the Wi-Fi not work and after 3 hours on the telephone with apple support, they could not fix the HDMI socket.And to top it all I'm having to pay to return a defective product .Never in my life had so many problems with an Apple product.