Introducing Fire HD 10 Kids Pro tablet, 10.1″, 1080p Full HD, ages 6–12, 32 GB, Intergalactic – $199.99
- Save up to $99 on a full-featured tablet (not a toy) designed specifically for kids ages 6–12 that includes 1 year of Amazon Kids+, parental controls, a slim case, and a 2-year worry-free guarantee.
- Features an octa-core processor, 3 GB RAM, 10.1" Full HD display, dual cameras, USB-C (2.0) port, and up to 1 TB of expandable storage. Screen made with strengthened aluminosilicate glass.
- School-age kids will enjoy a 1-year subscription to Amazon Kids+ that unlocks over 20,000 apps, games, books, videos, songs, and Audible books. They'll find educational content from National Geographic, Rabbids Coding, LEGO, and others, plus more than 9,000 titles for kids ages 6 and up. After 1 year, your subscription will automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel anytime by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- In addition to Kids+ content, Kids Pro tablets include access to a digital store. Kids can request apps, while parents approve purchases and downloads. Plus, parents can add access to more apps like Minecraft and Zoom.
- The web browser comes with built-in controls designed to help filter out inappropriate sites and let parents add or block specific websites at any time.
- Stay in touch – Kids can send announcements and make voice and video calls over wifi to approved contacts with an Alexa-enabled device or the Alexa app.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee and slim Kid-Friendly Case included. If it breaks, return it and we’ll replace it for free.
The new Amazon Fire HD 10 Kids and Kids Pro tablets have the same hardware as the new Fire HD 10 (2021) tablets, but include a “kid-proof” case, a 2 year worry-free warranty, and 1 year of the Amazon Kids+ subscription service.The regular Fire HD 10 (2021) costs $150, so you are paying an extra $50 for the case, warranty and year of Kids+. Is this worth it? To help you decide, here are the current costs of the Kids+ service:Single child (1 Kids+ account):Prime members – $2.99/month , Non Prime members – $4.99/month* (Note, no yearly payment option) *Family (up to 4 Kids+ accounts):Prime members - $6.99/month, Non Prime members - $9.99/monthor 1 year prepaid annually – Prime members - $69, Non Prime members - $99So, how valuable this free included year of Kids+ is to you, depends on if you are an Amazon Prime member or not, and how many children you have that will be using the Kids+ service. Note that you will be billed at the month rate once your subscription expires in a year.Our family somewhat enjoyed the Kids+ service when it used to be called FreeTime Unlimited, but it really didn't seem to be worth the cost to us overall. With multiple children, it starts to get pretty expensive to have this extra content. If you have one very young child under 6, it might be more worthwhile because they can be entertained by just watching some of the videos, but once our children were older than that they found the content to be boring and just wanted a regular tablet.The main difference between the Fire HD 10 Kids and Kids Pro versions, is that the Kids Pro has a slimmer case, different color options, and a customizable home screen that more resembles a regular Fire HD 10. You also have the ability to create a list of acceptable website to visit on the Pro version.Overall, these are solid tablets, but over the years we have found that getting the smaller, less expensive models for our youngest children was a better value, and Kids+ stopped being entertaining around elementary school age.
We have had the regular kindle for our kids for years because the kids kindle were awful.Thus sounded better so we gave it a try. So far it's a hit! My 11 year old loves it and says it's the best kindle ever. The parental controls are very easy. I love that if it isn't included in the kids stuff it sends me a text that she is asking permission to get an app. And also does the same for in-app purchases. So easy and a great feature! I love that she can browse the internet for school related things with a filter so it's safer. Obviously we will still be careful of the apps and web searches as I'm sure stuff can leak through.The reason for 4 stars instead of 5 is because of it only being 32gb. And only 25.? Usable storage. We are used to 64gb storage. But that wasn't an option. And adding a memory card doesn't work well due to most apps won't go on it.
This is everything I’ve wanted in a tablet for my child. He has an iPad, but has literally not used it since he got the fire. It’s perfect, here’s why.- The battery life is great.- The fact that it only displays downloads when we are somewhere with no wifi, saves me one million questions. (Amazon should honestly market that in the blurb.)- The parental controls are easy and I can pick and choose which ones he can use.- The expandable storage is so easy. He can take all the photos and videos that he wants and I won’t have to clear them out every couple of weeks to make more room.- We did not download the YouTube Kids app and it’s life changing. No more bizarrely sexist videos of grown woman playing with dolls. However, we still have Blippi.- Love having access to Kids+- Love all of the traditional Kindle/Prime features (books, music, educational games, non-educational games)- The kickstand is amazing and does not fall over of my child breathes on it. It’s also a great handle.Things to note- My child is 4 1/2- He’s had an iPad for an embarrassing long time, so he is super comfortable using a tablet.- We had gotten him a kindle fire 7 and just put a kids profile on it a couple years ago and this upgrade makes all the difference in the world.- We are a kindle family, so the interface is not new or foreign to us.Honestly, I love this over the iPad for my kid, because the iPad is not made for children. It is durable, absolutely. However, the fire is made for him and it’s laid out in a way that I know what he is watching and when he goes to download games and videos, they are appropriate.